Suggestions and Guide for making an Indian Classical Music Documentary??

This is for general discussions of Indian music and dance that do not belong elsewhere. It is also for the announcement of workshops, lectures, and performances.

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

archi335

Suggestions and Guide for making an Indian Classical Music Documentary??

Postby archi335 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:09 pm

Dear fellow knowledged persons and friends, Can you'll Suggest me or Topics or Subjects to make a Documentary on Indian Classical Music??
I am classical music vocal learner and also studying Video production. I desire to make a documentary on the theme or subject of Indian Classical Music. But am confused which part to focus on, Can you frnds suggest me some good idea for it? I feel ideas like Documentary to tell the Importance of indian classical music, or importance and charm and beauty of a specific raaga, or style, etc. But am confused how to go about it. What factors should be included and focused on in script? Please give your valuable suggestions peeps. Thanks.

Lars

Re: Suggestions and Guide for making an Indian Classical Music Documentary??

Postby Lars » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:18 am

If you want to do it based on instruments, etc. then let me know. I can help a lot actually.

Lars
http://www.raincitymusic.com

jarinnickson

Postby jarinnickson » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:22 am

Listening to music is just about my favorite thing in the world to do. Some days, I even just listen to music for the entire day. There are some sites in which you can get the suggestions and guidance for making the music documentary and also find the details of the music.

webmusic

profpandit

Postby profpandit » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:46 am

archi335 wrote:Dear fellow knowledged persons and friends, Can you'll Suggest me or Topics or Subjects to make a Documentary on Indian Classical Music??
I am classical music vocal learner and also studying Video production. I desire to make a documentary on the theme or subject of Indian Classical Music. But am confused which part to focus on, Can you frnds suggest me some good idea for it? I feel ideas like Documentary to tell the Importance of indian classical music, or importance and charm and beauty of a specific raaga, or style, etc. But am confused how to go about it. What factors should be included and focused on in script? Please give your valuable suggestions peeps. Thanks.

Here's a resource that might help you:

itcsra.org

They are a research organization in Calcutta set up by the ITC company

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSIONS / UPCOMING PROGRAMS”