Show me Indian rock (please)

This is for general discussions of Indian music and dance that do not belong elsewhere. It is also for the announcement of workshops, lectures, and performances.

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

Dueck

Show me Indian rock (please)

Post by Dueck » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:59 am

I'm a complete newbie to Indian rock... so I want to hear some. Problem is, here (Calgary, Canada) there is very little to be found... I also tried pandora.com, with absolutely no luck, even on the more influential groups.

If anyone could point me to (an) internet radio resource(s) of the like, I would greatly appreciate it.

Keshav Das

Post by Keshav Das » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:24 pm

The only Indian rock I have encountered - that was worth mentioning - was the one off the coast of Kanya Kumari where Vivekananda swam to ponder his trip to the USA.
K

daz199

Post by daz199 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:07 am

i dont know what exactly you mean by Indian Rock...but my band plays bhangra/rock
check us out at http://www.signiaonline.com or myspace.com/signiabhangra

alon

Re: Show me Indian rock (please)

Post by alon » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:39 am

i hear a general Tilangish contour here. There is definately a komal Ga in the string intro and very pronounced use of shuddh Da in avroh through out. To my ears, there is no shuddh nishad only komal. These seem to be the points of departure from the actual Tilang scale, however I would not argue against a Mishra Tilang label.