WTF is akismet

Discussion of all things not related to Indian music with a special focus on the forum's features, bugs, and performance.

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

Kirya

WTF is akismet

Post by Kirya » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:29 am

This is a comment prevention system -- that will kill the discussion here

I gave tried 4 times to submit a perfectly legitimate discussion but it keeps being rejected as SPAM by Akismet

Is this because there are links in it?

I gave up finally
Kirya
Los Angeles, CA

pbercker

Re: WTF is akismet

Post by pbercker » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:29 am

Kirya wrote:This is a comment prevention system -- that will kill the discussion here

I gave tried 4 times to submit a perfectly legitimate discussion but it keeps being rejected as SPAM by Akismet

Is this because there are links in it?

I gave up finally
I had the same problem earlier today ... I did indeed have a link to a website that was also *selling* a product .... and I also had copied and pasted perhaps too much of the text from the website ... once I included the link a bit abbreviated and reduced the amount of text copied and pasted and increasing my own phrasing for certain points it passed the spam test which seems a bit overly sensitive!

Pascal Bercker
My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.