What happenend to AsianGirl and all her topics and posts ?

Discussion of these forms, requests for forums, announcements about these forums

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

Christianamr

What happenend to AsianGirl and all her topics and posts ?

Postby Christianamr » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:12 pm

I have been away for some months now , so unfortunately I have lost a little bit the contact with all the members and friends here ...

As I was checking the topics where I had contributed to in the past , I saw there were lots of posts deleted , and after analizing I found out that the deleted posts were by the former ( ? ) member called " AsianGirl " . What has happened to her and all her posts ? All of them have disappeared ....
Indeed when I use the search device , I only find some of her posts quoted in the " reply mode " .

I think that it´s a great loss , because I have contributed on some of her topics and she has contributed on some of mine .
Moreover , I´m sorry to say , but now some of the topics where she has interacted don´t make much sense anymore , because her replies or " introductory posts " ( when she has created a topic ) are lacking . This vaccum disrupts the whole logical flow of a topic ...

It´s a pity that she left , because she could interact competently on the topics of ragas and brought interesting input .
As far as I can remember , she had contributed more than 70-80 posts ( some of which were furnished with lots of valuable rare links ) , so that´s quite a lot , and it´s a massive loss that they have disappeared as if nothing ...
सहस्रनाम ततुलयम राम नाम वरानने |
Sahasranāma tat tulyam Rāma nāma Varānane .

david
Site Admin

Re: What happenend to AsianGirl and all her topics and posts

Postby david » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:37 pm

She requested that her post be deleted. As per her request the posts were deleted. (Actually she could have done it herself, but I suppose that it was easier for me to do it.

Peace

David Courtney

Christianamr

Postby Christianamr » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:58 pm

Ok , thanks for the info .
Whatever her reasons might have been , I think it is quite extreme to make such a step . I will now try to reconstruct some of the topics where we have interacted , so that the vacuum that her lacking posts left do not render them devoid of sense .

I dare to express some constructive criticism :
I am on different forums for about ten years , and I know from some of them that the policy is that when a member leaves , he is not allowed to just erase all his posts . ( Exceptions are made when personal attacks are involved and when sensitive personal data has been given away - so only these kind of posts would be erased , not all ) .The philosophy behind that is that a former member´s posts have become a kind of " intellectual property " of the whole forum community , on which the forum has nurtured itself and evolved around .

In short : Is it not strange when you revisit a topic durimg various months to compare the info therein with outside sources , and from one day to the other this info has been gone forever , erased ? And then you scratch your head , trying to remember what the given info was ...

Be it as it be ,
keep up the great work .

david
Site Admin

Postby david » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:02 pm

I believe that you have the right to edit or delete your own posts at any time, for any reason. I will almost never inquire as to the reason. Posters are constantly editing their posts, which is why it is always changing.

This is not like facebook, where I claim ownership of everything that you post. I will not do that.

Peace

David Courtney

Christianamr

Postby Christianamr » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:10 pm

Ok thanks , I understand .

Return to “THESE FORUMS”