Bug: white bar on screen on iPhone

Discussion of all things not related to Indian music with a special focus on the forum's features, bugs, and performance.

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

barend

Bug: white bar on screen on iPhone

Post by barend » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:18 am

There is a bug in this forum with the iPhone (maybe also on other phones?). There is a white bar in the left of the screen over the text in the forum. The white bar is an extension from the search bar (below 'site links') and you can't get rid of it. Therefor you can not read certain sentences that people write in the forum.

Also I still don't get email notifications from topics I started or have posted in. It's like that for a few years now. All settings are correct etc. but I just don't get any notifications at all. Have posted this before.

david
Site Admin

Re: Bug: white bar on screen on iPhone

Post by david » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:03 pm

I will try and look into this. I do not have an iPhone so this part may pose some dificulties. But thanks for the heads up on this.

Peace

David Courtney

barend

Post by barend » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:18 am

Same white bar is on the iPad. All iOS devices.

The problem (for me) with the email notifications is not specific for iOS.

Lars

Post by Lars » Mon May 08, 2017 4:33 pm

I'm getting major viewing problems not only on iphone but on desktop after the latest update. Popups are all activating and staying, there's a round menu icon that has turned to wallpaper making most text hard to read. I'm typing half of this blindly due to popups. OSX 10.11.6 and iOS.

Lars
http://www.raincitymusic.com

david
Site Admin

Post by david » Tue May 09, 2017 11:43 am

I will look into this.

nicneufeld

Post by nicneufeld » Thu May 11, 2017 2:59 pm

I have the same issue I think on IE11, Win7. Also flyout windows seem to be preemptively opened. Kinda hard to describe...started a few days ago maybe?

barend

Post by barend » Fri May 19, 2017 12:02 am

Lars wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 4:33 pm
I'm getting major viewing problems not only on iphone but on desktop after the latest update. Popups are all activating and staying, there's a round menu icon that has turned to wallpaper making most text hard to read. I'm typing half of this blindly due to popups. OSX 10.11.6 and iOS.

Lars
Same here for the last few weeks. For the last year it was 'only' that white bar but now it unreadable altogether. Same as you describe. I didn't do an OSX update. Can't do anything with the forum on my iPhone right now.