NO on Prop 8 !!!!

Discussion of these forms, requests for forums, announcements about these forums

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

Jason

NO on Prop 8 !!!!

Postby Jason » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:27 am

Why are these forums being used to promote Prop 8? I'm referring to the advertisements at the bottom of every page!! This hateful proposition has nothing to do with ICM and has everything to do with discrimination. Chandra & David, why are you accepting advertising from them?

Prop 8 does not support marriage rights! Don't believe the lies! If passed, Prop 8 will change the California constitution to DENY marriage rights to same-sex couples. Even if you are uncomfortable with gay people getting married, don't write discrimination into the constitution!!!

david
Site Admin

Re: NO on Prop 8 !!!!

Postby david » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:25 pm

Thank you very much for your interest in these forums. Thank you too for taking the time to inform me of your concerns.

I do not live in California and was not even aware there was such a thing as Prop 8 until you brought it up.

First of all these ads are chosen by Google, not by me. There is a process by which I can block certain ads, but it is somewhat of a pain. Since today is election day, it will take care of itself.

There is a touch of irony here. Google chooses ads based upon the content of the pages. Although random key words words may have triggered this ad to come up in the past, it was not likely to come up on a forum on Indian music. However once the issue has been raised this guarantees that the ads will come up repeatedly until after the election, when presumably these ads will be discontinued.

Peace

David Courtney

povster
Site Admin

Postby povster » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:21 am

David, I figured this was a web-based issue and not something you specifically subscribed to. Stiil, various versions (and yes, there are a couple or three versions) of voting against equal marriage rights for all CA residents remain CONSTANTLY here, with no counter-versions. For someone who speaks out so often on things like the Bush Administration, even makiong digs in your hurricane video, I would think being alerted to something like this might be of interest.

Yes, "today is election day, it will take care of itself" - of course it will. Its purpose is to IMPACT Election Day. So it will have served its purpose by remaining here prior to and thoughout election day.

People here are not complaining about the right to have differing ideas. People are complaining about the PRESENCE of such a politically and morally charged ad constantly (literally with every refresh) being shown on these boards. And folks protesting against it (and the ad itself is a form of protest) are having their posts not moved here but deleted. It simply is not equitable.

I still love these boards though. But why have not the posts protesting the ads been moved here rather than being deleted? Is it a moderator issue?

Thankee!
...Michael
Dasani - the official bottled water of ICM
Panini - the official bread of ICM

OM GUY

Postby OM GUY » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:37 am

Prop Hate.
Let's hope 2016 is less violent and that people discover the soothing influence of ICM. Hari OM!

Return to “THESE FORUMS”