PM Outbox (again)

Discussion of these forms, requests for forums, announcements about these forums

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

povster
Site Admin

PM Outbox (again)

Post by povster » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:12 am

Sent a PM at 8:33AM. At 10:11PM it is still sitting in the outbox, unsent. (both times my tmie - Pacific Time). ???
...Michael
Dasani - the official bottled water of ICM
Panini - the official bread of ICM

mhamlin

Re: PM Outbox (again)

Post by mhamlin » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:47 am

I think that the "Outbox" nomenclature used by this phpBB software is extremely confusing. I think that "Outbox" just means that the recipient has not yet read the message.

povster
Site Admin

Post by povster » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:37 am

mhamlin wrote:I think that the "Outbox" nomenclature used by this phpBB software is extremely confusing. I think that "Outbox" just means that the recipient has not yet read the message.
Good idea but it looks like the Outbox is awaiting the PM being sent. ("Outbox" is typical for some mail clients where an email is queued for sending but not yet sent). When I go to my Sent PM box it is not listed. This delay has been pretty consistent, with ocassional increases in speed. Just checked and it is still in the Putbox at 12:37AM Pacific Time of the day after I sent it.
...Michael

povster
Site Admin

Post by povster » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:52 am

OK - saw I realized - just run a test. And damn if mhamlin doesn;t seem to be right. Sent a PM to myself. It was in the outbox until I read it. So it looks like it will rmeain there until read by the recipient. Not what an Outbox is supposed to be but at least I understand it better.
...Michael