"WEB PAGE EXPIRED"

Discussion of these forms, requests for forums, announcements about these forums

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

OM GUY

"WEB PAGE EXPIRED"

Post by OM GUY » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:20 am

Anyone getting this message on this site after they post a comment---> "WEB PAGE HAS EXPIRED".........
A) Is it just me?
B) Why do computers sometimes do this? :?
Let's hope 2016 is less violent and that people discover the soothing influence of ICM. Hari OM!

OM GUY

Re: "WEB PAGE EXPIRED"

Post by OM GUY » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:38 am

Ah, never mind.........I solved the problem.....
Let's hope 2016 is less violent and that people discover the soothing influence of ICM. Hari OM!

david
Site Admin

Post by david » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:21 pm

Now that you have aroused my curiosity, what was the problem?

Peace

David Courtney

OM GUY

Post by OM GUY » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:30 am

Well, David, er................. I spoke too soon. I looked at the issue on line and spent a taxing amount of time trying to find the root cause, on line. I looked at a number of websites that said--- "do this.... no...do that... download this.... cccleaner.... bla...bla...bla....so ..... I did.

I came back here to try it out and for one post, it seemed to work. Tried it a second time.... and I still have the problem. So.... as tired as I was... and frustrated..... yet still having to practice my sargams............ I gave up with a very loud, " it figures.." at 3:30 AM.

Dave, I've got one foot in the analog age and one very tepid foot---- in the digital age. I'm even one of the last dinosaurs who has no cell phone. I'm convinced we were so much better off with 'one on and one off switch', on things. Don't even get me started, aye? (hahahahaha). Computers were supposed to make life soooooo much simpler and easier.....but yet we still stand on the checkout line while the computer farts along.... the gas pump fails to let us pump due to hangups.....while we scream...." can you hear me now?" on our cell phones. My Boeing supervisors yelled and screamed for me to surplus my file cabinet, chock full of past receipts, yet had the nerve to call me and ask me for hardcopy when their computers failed.

I have no idea why "Webpage has expired." It's just another extra keystroke that ads to my carpal tunnel and therefore takes another stroke from my sitar.......

povster
Site Admin

Post by povster » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:09 pm

Testing - seems to be ok from here.

OM GUY - what kind of computer (PC, Mac etc) and browser are you using and what version? (Internet Explorer 7, Mozilla Firefox 3.6.8, etc. You can usually find this in the HELP menu under ABOUT...).

Have you run any spyware programs and do you have antivirus installed and running?
...Michael
Dasani - the official bottled water of ICM
Panini - the official bread of ICM

david
Site Admin

Post by david » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:24 pm

I have been observing the thread to see what happened. Since there has been almost complete silence on this I can only presume that you are the only one having this trouble. Therefore this gives us some clues as where to look to find the trouble.

When you get the message that says the "Web Page has expired" this means exactly what it said. I see nothing abnormal except for one thing. In the normal operation of the web browser whenever a page is expired, the browser refreshes it. This is automatic and it does not bother the user with an error message. For some inexplicable reason, your browser is not doing this.

The first thing to do is to check the preferences on your browser. For some reason it is always looking for a cached copy but failing to automatically refresh. If you see nothing wrong in the preferences, then the only suggestion that I have is to switch to a different browser.

If all of these still fail (which I consider to be very unlikely), then this indicates there may be some caching problem in a gateway server that is between you and the backbone of the internet.

Good luck

David Courtney

OM GUY

Post by OM GUY » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:30 am

Ok, David........I'm using a different browser on this and so the only way to test it is to type this message, so we'll see. This is not the only page that has done this with my computer.

I thought computers we're going to make our lives easier? :roll:

OM GUY

Post by OM GUY » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:32 am

Nope, same issue with the new browser. I think maybe it's time to take dead aim with the .357....... :evil: :lol:

Looks like I will have to live with it .....

david
Site Admin

Post by david » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:10 pm

Interesting. I really do not know what to think.

Peace

David Courtney