Discussion of all things not related to Indian music with a special focus on the forum's features, bugs, and performance.

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

coughcapkittykat

Post by coughcapkittykat » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:40 am

Can someone tell me of this is an issue on my end or just something on these forums?

Even if I check the remember login option and make firefox remember my password i can never seem to be automatically logged in.

povster
Site Admin

Re: Log in never remembered

Post by povster » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:55 am

coughcapkittykat wrote:Can someone tell me of this is an issue on my end or just something on these forums?

Even if I check the remember login option and make firefox remember my password i can never seem to be automatically logged in.
You may have Firefox set to clear everything, including cookies, on exiting the program.
...Michael
Dasani - the official bottled water of ICM
Panini - the official bread of ICM

coughcapkittykat

Post by coughcapkittykat » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:09 am

Thanks Povster. I don't have it set to do that, I have just checked and I rarely even close firefox - for most other forums there is no problem with this.

Well, it's not that important but thanks for letting me know that it's something on my end rather than the forum's, I'll have a look in to it.

OM GUY

Post by OM GUY » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:41 am

This could happen when you delete spy-ware as well as doing an optimizing on Internet Explorer....just a thought............... :wink:
Let's hope 2016 is less violent and that people discover the soothing influence of ICM. Hari OM!

david
Site Admin

Post by david » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:21 pm

This is definitely an issue with the way you computer is handling cookies, I would say that either:
1) Your browser is not accepting cookies
2) Your browser is not retaining cookies
Remember that cookies are the only way that the forums have of keeping track of things. If you wish to handle things manually, just make sure that cookies from forums.chandrakantha.com are retained and displayed.

Theoretically this could leave you open to being inundated with a gazillion ads such as
“I restored my manhood by buying XYZ Tablas”
or
“Are you spending too much on sitar mortgage, refinance now!”
But quite frankly I have a hard time seeing that happen;-)

Peace
David Courtney

cabernethy

Post by cabernethy » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:40 pm

No issue with my browser (Chrome) which remembers the credentials OK.

coughcapkittykat

Post by coughcapkittykat » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:23 pm

thanks for the advice David, and everyone else.

It is really strange because Firefox remembers the login name and password but I have to manually click ´log in´each time, and I rarely close firefox and at the moment have multiple tabs open all the time from this forum.

I have set firefox to remember history so it is accepting all cookies (i believe anyway, this option removes the cookies options). I have also tried deleting existing cookies from here and logged in again but still the same result.

It's not an issue really, I don't mind just pressing 'log in' each time i visit. I'm thinking maybe it is something to do with an add-on I have installed, maybe adblock plus or something. But nevermind, no big deal really.

david
Site Admin

Post by david » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:01 pm

Check and see if the box which says "Automatically start Firefox in a private Browsing Session" is checked. If so then you will definitely have problems.

Peace
David Courtney