Pt. Buddhadev Das Gupta - Sarod - Kamod and Tilak Kamo

All things pertaining to the sarod.

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

pbercker

Pt. Buddhadev Das Gupta - Sarod - Kamod and Tilak Kamo

Postby pbercker » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:26 pm

This is a concert I attended many years ago as grad student at the university of colorado at boulder.

Pt. Buddhadev Das Gupta - Sarod - plays Kamod and Tilak Kamod - Boulder Festival 1999

Nayan Ghosh - tabla

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nmkWgm8o58

Pascal
My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.

aparajit

Re: Pt. Buddhadev Das Gupta - Sarod - Kamod and Tilak Kamo

Postby aparajit » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi Pascal,

Apu here. If you remember, you picked me up at the airport one day prior to Gutuji's arrival. I played with him in the second half when he played Bageshree.

Boy was I one scared puppy that night.

Thanks for posting this.

pbercker

Re: Pt. Buddhadev Das Gupta - Sarod - Kamod and Tilak Kamo

Postby pbercker » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:52 pm

aparajit wrote:Hi Pascal,

Apu here. If you remember, you picked me up at the airport one day prior to Gutuji's arrival. I played with him in the second half when he played Bageshree.

Boy was I one scared puppy that night.

Thanks for posting this.

Hello Apu,

Oh my ... I suddenly feel almost old ... I only have the haziest memory of picking you up at the airport. It completely escaped my memory that you were there as well. You're quite right that he played Bageshree in the second half (and a short Bhairavi as well I believe). I've been unable to upload that second part because, try as I might, I can no longer read the second CD that this part of the concert is recorded on.

My recollection is that it was a glorious concert ... and while we had expected a good audience turnout, we were quite amazed that the entire hall was filled to capacity with some people sitting on the floor in the aisle ... and the applause was not the "polite" kind of gentle applause ... but instead it was boisterous and deeply appreciative of what they had just heard.

Pascal
My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.

Return to “SAROD”