Vintage Hemen Sarod for sale

All things pertaining to the sarod.

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

mac315

Vintage Hemen Sarod for sale

Post by mac315 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:24 pm

For the cognoscenti, the sarod is a 25 string, one-piece, even though it has spiral pegs rather than lotus/rose ones. My understanding is that this sarod was made in the late 70s, Hemen himself made this sarod. The sarod was purchased directly and in person in India and is of excellent condition for its age.

With the passing of Hemen, you will never be able to own an instrument like this again.

This particular sarod does not disappoint in that respect - it has a sweet, intimate sound, made nicer by the aging of the wood over the last 40 or so years. This sarod would make an excellent instrument for learning, as it currently stands, and would probably make a good semi-professional instrument. It is possible that it could even be a satisfying professional instrument. for the right person.

I am looking to sell this at approx. $1800, or the best offer. I believe I have included enough details to prove authenticity. I am 40 minutes from Ann Arbor Michigan, so pickup can be anyplace in the area. I can ship but you will incur all the fee's. It comes with a hard case, the original that shows a great deal of wear, and all the Airline security decals showing transport to and from India. And of course, a jaba, 2 of them. The original cloth sleeve and cleaning cloth, a few strings, also from India, one of Hemen's business cards, stainless steel small oil box, chalk for the pegs.

This link contains more details and lots of pictures.

http://josefweiss.com/index.php?option= ... d-for-sale