Two excellent modern day chandranandans

This is for discussions on all Indian melodic instruments

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

manjkhamaj

Two excellent modern day chandranandans

Post by manjkhamaj » Mon May 13, 2013 8:38 pm

I love chandranadan and almost have ali akbar khans record of it on loop.
On the internet i found these two beautiful renditions. Both are equally beautiful and compelling. Alam Khans is formal, and Satyam Rais is done in a more causual setting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OytaBFjT1FA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63DzP6Gkgns

bibhas

Re: Two excellent modern day chandranandans

Post by bibhas » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:13 pm

Magnificent! I had the good fortune of briefly learning bansuri from Satyam. wish Satyam played more in public. With an illustrious father like Pt.Vasant Rai and great gurus like Ud Ali Akbar Khan and Ma Annapurna Devi, he is perfectly poised for a great career.

Danielmorgan

Post by Danielmorgan » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:35 am

just getting up to the you tube links you have provided here .. as I'm on a great praise to this form of music and love to listen it again and again .. here the forum has given me a fair chance to catch with up a similar show through the links posted here .. now going to see how impressive it's .. thanks to share

manjkhamaj

Post by manjkhamaj » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:49 pm

Yes Bibhas Satyam is great. From the little i've heard on Youtube I really admire his virtuosity and musical sensibility. I also really appreciate that although he along with Alam Khan who are the two best of today (in my humble opinion), they are modest and have not put numerous self taken videos all over the internet. Very classy.

AndyR

Post by AndyR » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:12 pm

Hi sorry we had to remove Satyams chandrananadan, it was just played and recorded informally and was never meant to go on the net. Matter of fact all but one of his videos of the sarod are deleted. As per his and mothers wish(i've requested that uploader to take it down as well)
Yes I feel he did play the sarod well in his own style although he does not play the sarod anymore and is focusing on other areas of his life and has moved on. it was good fun while it was. And yes Alams chandranadan is very good!