Hemen & Co Sarod for Sale - SOLD

This is for discussions on all Indian melodic instruments

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

gardnsound

Hemen & Co Sarod for Sale - SOLD

Post by gardnsound » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:54 am

Hi All,

I have inherited a sarod from a close family friend, and have been given permission to do whatever I'd like with it. As I already practice sitar, guitar, and upright bass on a regular basis - I don't have time to learn this awesome looking instrument; so I'm selling it. I figured I'd post it here, before giving it to the dreaded Ebay. I have a photo gallery here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k8ohy8oz0uec ... ZySya?dl=0

I can definitely take more pictures, if requested, but I have covered every angle of it. I would be willing to ship it, but only at your (the buyer's) advice and risk. I know this instrument's top is fragile, not to mention the multitude of tuning pegs on the left side of the instrument.

I'm located in Charleston, SC USA - but I am moving to Atlanta, GA in the very near future; so local pickup is available (within reason) for the southeastern United States.

Per my research this brand of Sarod sells for $2,000.00 USD, new. And it's literally in the best condition that I've ever seen one, in person. Not sure what the age is. It comes with a nice, classy case. I'm sure it's custom made for the shape of the instrument. It comes with the plectrum (not sure if that's the right term) and a set of strings, and paperwork.

I'm asking $1,850.00 for the whole package. I can work with you, I'm more concerned that it goes to the right place - not making money. If it stays at my house, it's just going to look cool in the corner of my studio and not get played, like it deserves.

-gardnsound
Last edited by gardnsound on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mctoadji

Re: Hemen & Co Sarod for Sale

Post by mctoadji » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:26 am

Hello,
I have looked so hard for the perfect Hemen Sarod for so long. I check this site all the time hoping to come across one but they are so hard to find. My biggest passion besides learning sarod is to find the ultimate Hemen that sounds as good and plays as good as my teacher's sarod.

Is there anyway we can work on an arrangement so I can really make this happen? Please contact me at:
sirlondonfrog@gmail.com

Thank you so much.
Best.
Chris

gardnsound

Re: Hemen & Co Sarod for Sale - SOLD

Post by gardnsound » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:30 pm

Hi All,

The Sarod has been sold. Thank you for your interest. This is a great forum.

-Gardnsound