Ali Akbar Khan - rare old recordings from Young India label

This is for discussions on all Indian melodic instruments

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

notnarayan

Re: Ali Akbar Khan - rare old recordings from Young India la

Post by notnarayan » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:48 am

Hello all,
Would love to go through the detailed explanation that Richard has made. Just that, the link provide ( http://www.filedropper.com/aak4ragasyoung-india )
Can any give me an updated link?

bhilaj51

Post by bhilaj51 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:30 pm

Yes thanks Abhimonyu some great old stuff there from the old (& best) days. Speaking of old recordings by AAK i have been looking to find or download his HMV record of 1964 in which he played Bhairavi & Chandra Nandan, i think the tabla player might have been Chatur Lal but not too certain on that. Any info appreciated

Ali Akbar Khan: Raga Chandra Nandan, Raga Bhairavi,. HMV EALP 1268, 1964

aparha

Post by aparha » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:59 pm

bhilaj51 wrote:Speaking of old recordings by AAK i have been looking to find or download his HMV record of 1964 in which he played Bhairavi & Chandra Nandan, i think the tabla player might have been Chatur Lal but not too certain on that. Any info appreciated

Ali Akbar Khan: Raga Chandra Nandan, Raga Bhairavi,. HMV EALP 1268, 1964
I think this is the record you're after: http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/m0DY ... NeBiYUXQsx. I believe it's from 1962 & the tabla player is Shashi Bellari.
Last edited by aparha on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bhilaj51

Post by bhilaj51 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:52 pm

Thank you Apartha for taking the time to answer my question, i clicked the link but it goes to mediafire homepage, i guess i have to sign up to access the recording ? Regards Bhilaj51

aparha

Post by aparha » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:18 pm

Sorry about that. Give this link a try: http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/m0DY ... NeBiYUXQsx

bhilaj51

Post by bhilaj51 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:59 pm

Thanks a million Aparha :D "The smile you send out returns to you "

aparha

Post by aparha » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:14 pm

You're welcome :)

bhilaj51

Post by bhilaj51 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:59 pm

Hi Aparha, the sendspace link you gave me doesnt seem to work or at least i cant work it ? & when i tried to download it downloads something that changes my search engine (internet Explorer) on my laptop to bandoo & i cant change it back so had to do a system restore to get it away so alas no Ali Akbar still - any other suggestions ? and big thanks for the ones already , Bhilaj

aparha

Post by aparha » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:13 pm

Bizarre. I'm not finding any problem with it, so I think there must be something else at play. OK, one last try. Give this link a go: https://rapidshare.com/files/3477186105/bhilaj.zip. Fingers crossed it's OK.

bhilaj51

Post by bhilaj51 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:46 pm

Dear Aparha, thanks for your continued efforts in trying to help me with this but my McAfee security is giving me a big warning sign not to open this site ? Anyway i think you have certainly done your duty & i hope you earn some good karma for that Cheers 2 U Bhilaj

pbercker

Post by pbercker » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:50 pm

bhilaj51 wrote:Hi Aparha, the sendspace link you gave me doesnt seem to work or at least i cant work it ? & when i tried to download it downloads something that changes my search engine (internet Explorer) on my laptop to bandoo & i cant change it back so had to do a system restore to get it away so alas no Ali Akbar still - any other suggestions ? and big thanks for the ones already , Bhilaj
I had no problem downloading the .mp3 file but you must make sure to click the right link!! Here's a picture....the arrow points to what you should click on ...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pascal
My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.

bhilaj51

Post by bhilaj51 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:20 pm

Well what do i know ! Thank you Pascal that has done the trick, and i should have just clicked open the first time i tried when it came up as a bar message on my laptop and not gone through the Ilivid download route which created the problem, So a big big thanks to you and also to Aparha of course as your original sendspace link works perfectly fine (if you know how) Cheers guys :P