FOR SALE: Antique/Vintage Sitar brought from India in the 70's (33 detailed photo's)

This is for discussions on all Indian melodic instruments

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

Manuel222

FOR SALE: Antique/Vintage Sitar brought from India in the 70's (33 detailed photo's)

Post by Manuel222 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:58 pm

Hey guys,

This old Sitar was brought to Holland as gift by a befriended freight plane pilot who flew regular flights to India in the 70's. It has been stored in the attic of the original owners for over 30 years and recently came into my possession (about 4 years ago). I keep it wrapped in a blanket and a heavy canvas duffel bag to protect it against temperature and moisture. Contacted a Sitar restorer in London who advised me about new strings and a few frets/tuning pegs that are missing, but overal the instrument is in an incredible shape for it's age; the gourd is still in tact and so is all the inlay work)

The maker emblem seems to be missing, I thought this would be the perfect place to tap into your collective knowledge. Any idea's as to it's origin? Any details that could point to a possible maker? Any information would be appreciated! See detailed photo's in the dropbox link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/looybtwrzjyk ... yd9qa?dl=0

PM me or e-mail me: manueldeswaaf@gmail.com
Manuel from the Netherlands.
Last edited by Manuel222 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

katyrow

Re: Antique / Vintage Sitar (33 detailed photo's) - Info? Interest?

Post by katyrow » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:45 am

Manuel -- I sent you a PM about the sitar. Thx.

Manuel222

Re: Antique/Vintage Sitar brought from India in the 70's (33 detailed photo's)

Post by Manuel222 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:56 pm

Selling for 650,- usd