FS: 1975 Kanailal Rudra Veena

All matters relating to the Dhrupad, except those covered by the other boards. This also includes Seni Rabab, Sursringar or any other instrument when played in a dhrupad style.

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

naad_brahma

FS: 1975 Kanailal Rudra Veena

Postby naad_brahma » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:45 pm

I still am in a position where I need to sell my cherished veena. It's a Kanailal made in 1975. Despite having the appearance of being a Dagarbani veena, it is actually made to be played over the shoulder. I have it strung up to be played in low Eb much like many old recordings. I did this because I find the tone is more sweet and it suits my vocal range better. I am asking $6,000 for this gem, not sure if I can ship internationally due to it's large size and the inherent difficulties of getting crates made for shipping. In my opinion this is one of the finest Kanailal veena I have seen and heard for that matter, that's the reason I bought it in the first place. The sustain is remarkable and the kharaj just growls. The geometry of the dhand is very comfortable, it has the standard scale for a Kanailal, a slightly smaller dhand diameter, but wide frets like on a Dagarvani veena. To me this represents the ultimate veena as it's truly the best of both worlds.

cwroyds

Re: FS: 1975 Kanailal Rudra Veena

Postby cwroyds » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:11 am

WOW... Amazing instrument.
Absolutely beautiful.
So sorry that you have to sell it.

Return to “DHRUPAD & RUDRA VINA”