Dhrupad Institute Distance Learning

All matters relating to the Dhrupad, except those covered by the other boards. This also includes Seni Rabab, Sursringar or any other instrument when played in a dhrupad style.

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

CheesecakeTomek

Dhrupad Institute Distance Learning

Postby CheesecakeTomek » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:57 pm

Hello friends,

It has recently come to my knowledge that the Gundecha Brothers and their students offer a distance learning opportunity through their Dhrupad Institute. I was wondering if anyone here has, or knows of anyone who has had, experience with this and can share feedback? I am a sitar student living in NYC and have always loved dhrupad. I had the opportunity to sit with Wasifuddin Dagar for three lessons one week a few years ago and it was a pinnacle experience in my musical studies. This seems like a great opportunity to learn more, and I have already sent them an inquiry, but I figured I would ask around here as well. Any input is appreciated.

Thank you,
Tomek

CheesecakeTomek

Re: Dhrupad Institute Distance Learning

Postby CheesecakeTomek » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:24 am

Well! I had my "evaluation" Skype session with Ramakant Gundesha this evening, where I played some sitar for him and then we sang a bit, and it looks like I will be having a lesson with him every few weeks for a while. He is a very nice guy and it seems like this will be a great experience! Guess I am in the market for a tanpura now… I suppose I'll post an update on this thread after a few months with an update in case anyone else is considering going this route.

jannu

Re: Dhrupad Institute Distance Learning

Postby jannu » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:10 pm

This is available in YouTube

The film captures the magic of Bismillah Khan's music: the Shehnai, and Bismillah Khan, the man his hometown, Benaras. We learn how Bismillah Khan, the phenomenon, gradually evolved from a 14-year-old boy accompanying his Mamu (uncle) and guru Nabi Baksh Khan at a concert in Allahabad to become, in course of time, one of India's all time greats.

We offer best quality pmp certification test papers and test-king ielts exam preparation dumps materials. You can get our 100% guaranteed questions coloradomesa.edu to help you in passing the real exam. flsouthern.edu

Return to “DHRUPAD & RUDRA VINA”