Male vocal Miraj tanpura for sale

All matters relating to the Dhrupad, except those covered by the other boards. This also includes Seni Rabab, Sursringar or any other instrument when played in a dhrupad style.

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

dhrupadstudent

Male vocal Miraj tanpura for sale

Postby dhrupadstudent » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:21 pm

I have for sale a concert-quality male vocal tun wood tanpura that was custom-made for me in 2007 - when I first got it, my teacher said that it is one of the best tanpuras he had ever heard. I have used it regularly for personal practice for last 6-7 years, and it has been used in concerts for visiting vocalists. The instrument was made by the shop of Majid and Naushad Sitarmaker in Miraj. The jawari bridge is of high-quality deer horn, which is hard to get nowadays due to restrictions by the Indian government. I have had the jawari done recently by Jeff Lewis, who is one of the finest jawari craftsmen in the world today, and used to do jawari regularly for Ravi Shankar and Vilayat Khan.

The only reason I am selling is that I have two new teak tanpuras which work better for me. Since I am not using it, I would prefer that it go to someone who can take care of it and make use of it regularly. The instrument will come with a carry-bag and a hard case. I am asking $1000 for it - this price is reasonable relative to local standards considering the quality of the instrument. Pickup only in Pleasanton, California, USA.

tabli.jpg
tabli.jpg (233.23 KiB) Viewed 299 times

tumba.jpg
tumba.jpg (205.44 KiB) Viewed 299 times

pegs.jpg
pegs.jpg (187.38 KiB) Viewed 299 times

Return to “DHRUPAD & RUDRA VINA”