Given up, restart?

This board is just for newbies to place their questions, and for the old timers to answer their questions with patience. Remember, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A STUPID QUESTION!

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

willow

Given up, restart?

Postby willow » Mon May 28, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi to all on the forum, sorry to have been distant but have been looking in on all the good stuff :) Two beautiful sitars and me are sitting here covered in dust. If anyone can press an extremely large 'restart button' please could you, 'is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all' isn't working.
Many thanks and best wishes
W.

OM GUY

Re: Given up, restart?

Postby OM GUY » Mon May 28, 2012 9:18 pm

Welcome back.... shake off all that dust and let's hear ya play, Willow! MIssed ya for way-yyyy too long.... :D
Let's hope 2016 is less violent and that people discover the soothing influence of ICM. Hari OM!

coughcapkittykat

Postby coughcapkittykat » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:34 pm

I know how you feel, I had a long spell without my sitar and now that I have it back I find it really hard to get back in to practice. Just try to force yourself to play it for a few minutes every day, I'm sure you'll get the bug back pretty quickly!

cabernethy

Postby cabernethy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:54 pm

Hi Willow, take some deep breaths and focus on 'that' feeling of bliss you get when you are playing and things are sounding good. My memories of these peaks keep me going when it gets hard.

Good Luck, I know how you feel.

Carl

povster
Site Admin

Postby povster » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:55 pm

Willow, it really helps if you don't feel any sense of obligation. You have to realize if you never touch the sitar again that is just fine. And that you can pick it up again and then lay it down at any time without a sense of failure.
...Michael
Dasani - the official bottled water of ICM
Panini - the official bread of ICM

willow

Postby willow » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:06 pm

Thankyou all so much for your continued encouragement, kindness and wise words. I never thought about it before but do feel a sense of obligation,for various reasons but really shouldn't. I most of all want to be able to play something beautiful for someone very special, even though he can't sit with me anymore am sure he's listening(and hopefuly smiling)close by :)
Best wishes
W.

trippy monkey

Postby trippy monkey » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:23 am

Willow
I'm very surprised you haven't given me a call.

Nick

Return to “ICM NEWBIES”