Music with 180 BPM or higer tempo

This is for general discussions of Indian music and dance.

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

n2201

Music with 180 BPM or higer tempo

Post by n2201 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:45 pm

Thank you for the wonderful website.

I an a runner and love listening to music on loooong runs. I am trying to improve how fast I move my legs as I run. Indian music that has 180 BPM -- 190 BPM would work work wonders for me. I am finding it had to find music with that BPM.

Would you kindly suggest me music, songs with that BPM ?

Excuse me if this is an inappropriate question on this forum.

Thank you very much

chrisitar

Re: Music with 180 BPM or higer tempo

Post by chrisitar » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:50 pm

Most full length performances of Indian classical music will have very fast tempos near the end of the concert/recording. This is called jhalla, the final piece of the raga puzzle. So if you were to get some recordings of concerts or full length recordings, you could skip past the alap and vilambit gat to the drut gat and jhalla to get the high energy rhythm. Typical concert length recordings would be divided into thirds; first is alap (no bpm), second is vilambit (slow bpm), last is drut (fast bpm). I would focus on recordings of sitar or sarod, they are typically the fastest toward the end.
Meend over matter

povster
Site Admin

Post by povster » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:36 pm

n2201 wrote:Thank you for the wonderful website.

I an a runner and love listening to music on loooong runs. I am trying to improve how fast I move my legs as I run. Indian music that has 180 BPM -- 190 BPM would work work wonders for me. I am finding it had to find music with that BPM.
You don't need 180 - 190. You could use half that speed but double the steps, a fourth that speed and quadruple the steps etc. This will also improve your feel for rhythm (seriously).
...Michael
Dasani - the official bottled water of ICM
Panini - the official bread of ICM

n2201

Post by n2201 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:13 am

Thank you christar, Yes I will look for some concert length recording and try to look at the latter part, if you have any suggestions let me know

Thanks povster, Yes 90 BPM would also work not sure if I could use 45 ( May be this may be too slow for finding any recordings) LEt me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks again for your input!!!