Recognition of Indian classical music in middle schools

This is for general discussions of Indian music and dance.

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

swarawali

Recognition of Indian classical music in middle schools

Post by swarawali » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:33 pm

Hello all,

recently we moved back to USA, We have a 13 years old son, who has been training in vocal Indian classical music since he was 5. He is deepely intersted in learning and expanding his knowledge in Khayal Gayaki. In India he had some wonderful oppertunities to showcase his talent on various platform. Here we have found a very passionate teacher and we hope to continue his music journey. Now my question i-s are there any scholarships or any other form of recognition available to such aspiring kids ?

OM GUY

Re: Recognition of Indian classical music in middle schools

Post by OM GUY » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:22 am

swarawali wrote:Hello all,

recently we moved back to USA, We have a 13 years old son, who has been training in vocal Indian classical music since he was 5. He is deepely intersted in learning and expanding his knowledge in Khayal Gayaki. In India he had some wonderful oppertunities to showcase his talent on various platform. Here we have found a very passionate teacher and we hope to continue his music journey.

Now my question i-s are there any scholarships or any other form of recognition available to such aspiring kids ?
I'm sure there are, and a search on the web should find you some! Let us know what you find.
Let's hope 2016 is less violent and that people discover the soothing influence of ICM. Hari OM!