Buy raagini Tanpura

This board is just for newbies to place their questions, and for the old timers to answer their questions with patience. Remember, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A STUPID QUESTION!

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

donwh9

Buy raagini Tanpura

Post by donwh9 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:36 am

I bought a Buy Raagini male Tanpura off of E-bay. I really like the sound. It states on the Ebay website that it was made in Miraj, India. It cost $300.00. Can anyone tell me how they compare to a more expensive Tanpura? I know people will say " If it sounds good to you that's all you really need to know". i customized it with swan beads! Now its the coolest Tanpura in Jefferson County, Missouri (probably the only Tanpura in Jefferson County, Missouri).

OM GUY

Re: Buy raagini Tanpura

Post by OM GUY » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:39 pm

donwh9 wrote:I bought a Buy Raagini male Tanpura off of E-bay. I really like the sound. It states on the Ebay website that it was made in Miraj, India. It cost $300.00. Can anyone tell me how they compare to a more expensive Tanpura? I know people will say " If it sounds good to you that's all you really need to know". i customized it with swan beads! Now its the coolest Tanpura in Jefferson County, Missouri (probably the only Tanpura in Jefferson County, Missouri).

" If it sounds good to you that's all you really need to know".
Let's hope 2016 is less violent and that people discover the soothing influence of ICM. Hari OM!

nicneufeld

Post by nicneufeld » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:22 pm

donwh9 wrote:Now its the coolest Tanpura in Jefferson County, Missouri (probably the only Tanpura in Jefferson County, Missouri).
Well just north of you is a surprising little oasis of Indian music in St Louis. Certainly much more thriving than that of our little metropolis on the other side of the state. I'm surprised how many Missourians I've run into on this site!

chrisitar

Post by chrisitar » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:18 am

Hey! I too am amazed to find yet another Missourian ICM enthusiast on this forum. Just a heads up, check out sangeetha.org for concert events in STL.
Meend over matter