Back to the Begining

This board is just for newbies to place their questions, and for the old timers to answer their questions with patience. Remember, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A STUPID QUESTION!

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

TCPerez

Back to the Begining

Postby TCPerez » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:58 pm

Hello all, it's been a few years since I posted, and a few years since I played sitar! Several years ago now I fell in love with the sounds of ICM and bought a beautiful instrument, but between not having a teacher and a hellacious period of depression (during which I had no interest in much of anything other than sleep), it quickly got buried in my closet and forgotten.

About a week ago now I opened up the case and felt like I'd been reunited with a long-lost friend! I've set my mind to devoting the time to learn this instrument and play it like it was meant to be played. Starting from square one, I bought the Sitar Basics dvd from Rain City Music and have been watching it and playing along.

I know now that I will need a teacher if I ever want to do the sitar justice. I haven't had any luck finding a teacher in my area (Tampa, FL) so I plan on taking lessons over skype. Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't have the money to spare yet, but I hope to start in a month or two.

I am thankful for this forum and the bountiful information available on Indian music
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (48.19 KiB) Viewed 173 times

trippymonkey

Re: Back to the Begining

Postby trippymonkey » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:51 pm

MMMM Looks very nice indeed.
Is there a nameplate as I can see something near the top?

Nick

Return to “ICM NEWBIES”