Back to the Begining

This is for general discussions of Indian music and dance.

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

TCPerez

Back to the Begining

Post by TCPerez » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:58 pm

Hello all, it's been a few years since I posted, and a few years since I played sitar! Several years ago now I fell in love with the sounds of ICM and bought a beautiful instrument, but between not having a teacher and a hellacious period of depression (during which I had no interest in much of anything other than sleep), it quickly got buried in my closet and forgotten.

About a week ago now I opened up the case and felt like I'd been reunited with a long-lost friend! I've set my mind to devoting the time to learn this instrument and play it like it was meant to be played. Starting from square one, I bought the Sitar Basics dvd from Rain City Music and have been watching it and playing along.

I know now that I will need a teacher if I ever want to do the sitar justice. I haven't had any luck finding a teacher in my area (Tampa, FL) so I plan on taking lessons over skype. Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't have the money to spare yet, but I hope to start in a month or two.

I am thankful for this forum and the bountiful information available on Indian music
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (48.19 KiB) Viewed 317 times

trippymonkey

Re: Back to the Begining

Post by trippymonkey » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:51 pm

MMMM Looks very nice indeed.
Is there a nameplate as I can see something near the top?

Nick