Poser

This is to discuss all things pertaining to the south Indian system of music

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

ragamala

Poser

Postby ragamala » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:55 pm

If on your first night in Chennai which concert would you go to? U Shrinivas, N Ramani or Nirmala Rajashekar?
On the second night would you opt for Balamuralikrishna, O S Thyagarajan, Bombay Jayashri, Priya sisters or Hyderabad brothers?

Tough decisions every night....

pbercker

Re: Poser

Postby pbercker » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:23 pm

ragamala wrote:If on your first night in Chennai which concert would you go to? U Shrinivas, N Ramani or Nirmala Rajashekar?
On the second night would you opt for Balamuralikrishna, O S Thyagarajan, Bombay Jayashri, Priya sisters or Hyderabad brothers?

Tough decisions every night....

It's hard to be delicate about this, but since even legends do not live forever, I would opt for N. Ramani and Balamuralikrishna, as you may not have another opportunity to see them again, while you will likely have other opportunities to see the others.

Pascal
My opinion given without any warranties, expressed or implied, that it's even relevant. It would be folly to rely on my opinion without seeking more professional tabla advice. If you are suffering from a tabla condition, seek immediate attention.

ragamala

Re: Poser

Postby ragamala » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:42 am

Pascal, I hadn't intended the post to be taken too seriously, it's just that returning to Chennai after a number of years absence I am once again astounded at the wealth of the December Season.
But you certainly have a point. I still kick myself for missing my last opportunity to see Ustad Vilayat Khan when I heard late in the day he was performing in Kolkata.
I am not sure if N Ramani is performing more than once this year (he is opening the Music Academy season), But fortunately M Balamuralikrishna is performing 5 times that I can find during my stay, so I'd certainly hope to see him more than once, his concert was the outstanding highlight of one of my previous visits.

Return to “CARNATIC SANGEET”