I am happy to announce that Talanome 2.0 is now available on the iTunes App Store!
Check it out on http://www.upbeatlabs.com/
What's new in version 2.0?
5 new Chapu Talams
* Tisra Chapu
* Khanda Chapu
* Misra Chapu
* Viloma Chapu
* Sankeerna Chapu
Ability to pick between Manjira and Hand (clap) sounds
Enhanced User Interface
Thanks,"A musician or dancer needs to acquire an ability to maintain an even tempo (kalapramanam) if the finer nuances of rhythm are to be mastered" - From "The Illustrated Companion To South Indian Classical Music" by Ludwig Pesch
Talanome is a must-have app for every Carnatic musician and student of Carnatic Music!
Keep up with a perfect beat, choose your tala with ease, and learn about Carnatic Talas along the way!
All the common talas are available at the touch of a button. You can also choose any Tala combination based on the Suladi Sapta Tala system, the system of Talas currently in vogue in Carnatic Music today. You can also choose from 5 Chapu Talas (Tisra, Khanda, Misra, Viloma and Sankeerna Chapu). This gives you 180 Tala combinations at your fingertips! You can set the tempo in terms of the number of aksharas per minute and you can also choose to play the nadai (the number of beats or mathras) between aksharas. (Since the intervals between aksharas in Chapu talams are not further subdivided, Chapu talams do not have nadai)
Like any good metronome, Talanome keeps a precise beat, which is important when you are trying to hone your skills, either while singing or playing a percussion instrument. With Talanome's sound engine, you get the precision of timing that you need and ought to expect!
* Easy to use intuitive interface
* Choice of tempo between 20 and 200 aksharas per minute
* Precise, accurate beat timing with any tempo
* Choice of 9 common talas at the flick of your finger
* Choice of any of 175 tala combinations of the Suladi Sapta Talas (with nadai)
* Choice of 5 Chapu talams
* Option to play nadai or not
* A unique visual representation of the tala using animation to facilitate following along with the beat
* Choice of manjira or hand sound
* Great natural sound derived from a real manjira
* Choose a hand clapping sound for a shruti neutral sound
* Get detailed information about each Tala
* Learn more about Carnatic Talas in the reference section
* Fits in your pocket - no bulky boxes to carry around, and is a multi-functional educational tool to boot!