Hey guys made a tabla course that teaches some keharwa thekas

Discussions about the Indian percussive instruments.

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

amans4183

Hey guys made a tabla course that teaches some keharwa thekas

Post by amans4183 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:50 pm

Hey guys, I've created a tabla course for you guys if you want to learn some keharwa thekas.

I've been browsing this forum for a bit and decided to make a small course to help everyone out. I know it would've helped me alot when I was beginning to learn tabla.

Here is the course: https://www.udemy.com/step-by-step-keha ... s-fillers/

I have made a coupon code for you guys if you are interested it is "chandrakantha" for 50% off.

Thanks guys! Love this forum!
Happy learning

rch

Re: Hey guys made a tabla course that teaches some keharwa thekas

Post by rch » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:01 am

I am very sorry to say that this is an extremely basic course. It just gives you the basic kehrva teka and some very minor variations there of. The 40 min course does not make any references to any bhajans, gazals or Bollywood songs. Compared to Bhilaj, White India or Tej Singh on u-tube, which are free, this course is a drop in the ocean!!

amans4183

Post by amans4183 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:15 pm

I am very sorry to say that this is an extremely basic course. It just gives you the basic kehrva teka and some very minor variations there of. The 40 min course does not make any references to any bhajans, gazals or Bollywood songs. Compared to Bhilaj, White India or Tej Singh on u-tube, which are free, this course is a drop in the ocean!!
Hey, thanks for using the course!

Yeah, sorry if you got the wrong impression, this course is for beginners, who have just recently started playing the tabla. I might and go change the title to beginner course.
This is seen as we go into detail into small things which experienced tabla players already know. We tried to help them mainly on being able to use different thekas other than the generic Keharwa theka and some small variations to show how you can easily manipulate a theka.

Yes, these simple thekas etc are found on youtube esp with those you have named. I guess with this course we tried to fill the void of having no tabla courses on Udemy. Before about 3 weeks ago there were no courses on Udemy about Tabla and we were surprised so we decided to start posting some content there.

Really glad you used our course. Do you have any more recommendations on how to make them better? We plan on making more videos and are definitely going to make references to bhajans, gazals and bollywood songs now. Anymore feedback would be much appreciated!

rch

Post by rch » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:11 pm

Thanks for taking my feedback as a constructive criticism.Yes, it would be great if you could demonstrate the practical applications of the Tekas and variations there of , to at least a few lines of some of the Bhajans or Gazals. By the way, I am not an advanced player by any means like some of the other members on this forum. Just an intermediate one! But I know you play very well!!

amans4183

Post by amans4183 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:24 am

Hey yeah thanks for giving us the criticism. It really helps! As we want to give the best experience to our students and negative criticism is usually what helps the most with being able to get there! :)

For our lessons, we are now planning to have an experienced bollywood/ghazal singer so after we explain the thekas, we can demonstrate how it is played, along with what thekas we should be using for different songs to convey different emotions.

Haha my friend who is the one playing is just intermediate as well, by no means a professional. The instructor teaching our free course we have on Udemy (https://www.udemy.com/indian-classical-tabla/ if you want to check it out) is the professional, playing for 15+ years and teaches at AIM (Australian Institute of Music).

Thanks so much!

Iololike

Post by Iololike » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:50 am

Really appreciate for that qwop unblocked :lol: