Tabla Set, Dayan, Pakhawaj, Dhamma, and Pudis for Sale

Discussions about the Indian hand-drums known as tabla.

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

MattTabla

Tabla Set, Dayan, Pakhawaj, Dhamma, and Pudis for Sale

Post by MattTabla » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:23 am

Hey Tabliyas,

I have an excellent used pro tabla set for sale.

The dayan is a heavy ~4 KG sheesham shell -- flawless with no cracks or knots. The 5.5" head is a very resonant Mumbai style head and is tuned to C#. The bayan is 9.25", nickel-plated copper, hand-hammered, and weighs in at ~3.5 KG. Its head is from the excellent maker, Akber Miya from Hyderabad. The set comes with rings and hard covers. I'm only selling this to buyers in the US. It's $300, which includes shipping. I accept Paypal. Happy to send pictures/video and answer any questions -- PM me!

I also have new pro quality heads in 5.25", 5.5", and 9" for $40 each (includes shipping). PM me if interested.

Best,
Matt
Last edited by MattTabla on Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:19 am, edited 4 times in total.

MattTabla

Re: Tabla Set, Dayan, Pakhawaj, Dhamma, and Pudis for Sale

Post by MattTabla » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:53 pm

While going through my collection, I also found a few more drums I'm willing to part with:

- Like new, Qawwali wooden dhamma made in Varnasi. With the gob on the inside. $155 with shipping included.
- Like new, 7" kharaj (bass) tabla dayan with engravings in the wood. Sounds amazing. Tuned to C#. There are a few hairline cracks -- does not affect the sound. These would need to be sealed at some point. $135 with shipping included.
- Like new, great sounding pakhawaj tuned to C#. Decorative engravings. $300 with shipping included.

MattTabla

Re: Tabla Set, Dayan, Pakhawaj, Dhamma, and Pudis for Sale

Post by MattTabla » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:41 am

I am also selling a brand new, black sheesham 5" tabla that tunes from a super high pitch F# - G (and probably higher). It's made by Somnath Kakade's brother and sounds amazing. $169 (shipping included). I also have another pudi made on the same shell by Somnath's brother and could sell for an additional $45.