Any body exprienced with de quervain's tenosynovitis

Discussions about the Indian percussive instruments.

Moderators: povster, s1owpoke, cabernethy, coughcapkittykat

dhatitdha

Any body exprienced with de quervain's tenosynovitis

Post by dhatitdha » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:18 am

Dears,
I am suffering from 'De Quervain's Tendinosis' since two & half months & cannot play Tabla
http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00007

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=de+qu ... osynovitis

I went through following treatments
1. Medicines
2. Physio therapy and Needling [ Not acupressure ]
3. Ultrasonic sessions for 7 days
4. Local Steroid Injection

But there is no significant improvement and Doctor has suggested me surgery.

After surgery my hand may be normal, but I am worry about its impact on my Tabla playing. Is there anybody who has experienced with this problem, or went through this surgery.

singhhh_ap

Re: Any body exprienced with de quervain's tenosynovitis

Post by singhhh_ap » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:10 am

I am not a doctor but would suggest that you try the following to see if you get any relief.

1. Pain Free Pete Egoscue ( Book)
2. Airrosti - Google It

fdf

Post by fdf » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:13 pm

Hello, I have had a de quervain's tenosynovitis in my left wrist. For many months I couldn't play tabla for more than half an hour a day! I'm also a professional guitar player so it was a real problem!
After dealing with it for 2 years taking pauses from playing I 90% solved it when I found a cure that worked for me.
I found a chinese doctor who daily deals with this kind of problems and with less than 10 sessions of TUI NA, a chinese method, it almost went away.
He inserts a finger or a knuckle deep into the hurting spot and moves it laterally, following then the entire tendon along the arm. It is painful; often VERY painful.
But it works! The wrist swells, the blood circulates more and in 2-3 days goes back to normal.
A similar method here in the west is called Cyriax method (a diagonal friction massage).
If you google TUI NA you'll find some info.

I hope it will be helpful! Frank

dhatitdha

Post by dhatitdha » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:22 am

@singhhh_ap & fdf, Thank you for your guidance.

@singhhh_ap I have ordered Pain Free Pete Egoscue ( Book), soon it will arrive, also I have sent mail to 'Airrosti', but I am wondering if they can help me because I am based in Pune, India.

@fdf I may have to ask my physio to check if there is anyone who is expert in Cyriax method service in Pune

Thanks again